I totally concede defeat when faced with large amounts of books with pricetags that scream "CHEAP!!!!" or "ON DISCOUNT!!!!" or "BUY ME BECAUSE I AM SO BLOODY CHEAP, DARN IT!!!" Pardon my feisty language.
Today the main mission was to go to the Popular bookstore in Leisure Mall to buy Form 3 workbooks. Coincidentally, the Popular Sale was on, but that, my friends, had nothing to do with my triumph today.
Once I walked into Leisure Mall via main entrance with my parents, my eyes were greeted with a galore of storybooks, magazines and encyclopedias. The book sale was conducted by some charity organisation, so voila, extremely cheap books which are a little used but I don't mind.
There were 3 for RM 2, 3 for RM 5, 3 for RM 10 and 3 for RM 20 books, as well as those single books with prices lower than their original prices. As expected, I bought many books.
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- I Want to Live! by 'Xiulan'
- Barf-O-Rama: Forrest Gump by Pat Pollari
- Barf-O-Rama: Shoe Chew by Pat Pollari
- Goosebumps: Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes by R.L. Stine
- Goosebumps: Calling All Creeps! by R.L. Stine
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
- Ribbons by Laurence Yep
Interestingly, I went into Popular straight after and found the exact same Frankenstein book with a pricetag of RM 22!
So guys, if you want some good quality books without burning a hole in your pocket, go to Leisure Mall and grab some books before it's over!
Oh, the price of the books? Lets just say it was VERY, VERY affordable for 9 books.
MY GOD, SO CUTE!