Follow me on Insta! :D

Search Me.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Acquiesce.

I totally concede defeat when faced with large amounts of books with pricetags that scream "CHEAP!!!!" or "ON DISCOUNT!!!!" or "BUY ME BECAUSE I AM SO BLOODY CHEAP, DARN IT!!!" Pardon my feisty language.

Today the main mission was to go to the Popular bookstore in Leisure Mall to buy Form 3 workbooks. Coincidentally, the Popular Sale was on, but that, my friends, had nothing to do with my triumph today.

Once I walked into Leisure Mall via main entrance with my parents, my eyes were greeted with a galore of storybooks, magazines and encyclopedias. The book sale was conducted by some charity organisation, so voila, extremely cheap books which are a little used but I don't mind.

There were 3 for RM 2, 3 for RM 5, 3 for RM 10 and 3 for RM 20 books, as well as those single books with prices lower than their original prices. As expected, I bought many books.

This is my haul.

From top;
  1. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
  2. I Want to Live! by 'Xiulan'
  3. Barf-O-Rama: Forrest Gump by Pat Pollari
  4. Barf-O-Rama: Shoe Chew by Pat Pollari
  5. Goosebumps: Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes by R.L. Stine
  6. Goosebumps: Calling All Creeps! by R.L. Stine
  7. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  8. The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
  9. Ribbons by Laurence Yep
I know I am a sucker for cheap books, you don't need to tell me that. But oh well, I am a hardcore bookworm. It can't be helped. Oh and contrary to everyone's knowledge that I have a phobia of horror stories, I am trying to change that by reading more horror stories.

Interestingly, I went into Popular straight after and found the exact same Frankenstein book with a pricetag of RM 22!

So guys, if you want some good quality books without burning a hole in your pocket, go to Leisure Mall and grab some books before it's over!

Oh, the price of the books? Lets just say it was VERY, VERY affordable for 9 books.

EDIT:


MY GOD, SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment