Follow me on Insta! :D

Search Me.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

110629 Co-curricular Carnival.

Photo spam! You have been warned.

This is a waaaaaay overdue post.

Anyway, the Co-curricular Carnival (or is it the Co-curriculum Carnival? idk.) was one of the best days in the year so far. It was heaps of fun and although Xi Men was living the life in Europe during the carnival, I managed to cram in loads of happy memories and hung out with Sheng, Vanessa, Ivy, Shalini, Tessa and the gang :)

I think a main reason why I got to have so much fun this year was because the Form 5s didn't have to be involved in the selling business anymore.Utter bliss. Not that I didn't have fun last year, I really did, but I didn't get to walk around and enjoy the attractions because I was busy managing the stall (and guarding the money wth)

Tracie isn't in the photos because a last minute crisis popped up for the basketball club and she had to rescue the situation.

In the classroom. We were all pretty hyper about getting our coupons :D

Setting up.

Couponssss!!! And free eco-friendly bags!

We grabbed our coupons and made our way to our first attraction of the day: the hot air balloon!
We paid the RM 13 fee and waited for a bit.

 Boarding passes.

Watching the hot air balloon inflate...

Snapped photos because we were crazy excited and too bored.

However, it started raining and the hot air balloon was postponed. Talk about dampening our spirits :(
So we made our way to the Skylite, which was already buzzing with activity as the students started preparing the food they were selling for the day.
We bought tortillas and punch from the Interact Club's stall and wolfed them down even though we weren't supposed to begin buying stuff (to be fair, we didn't even know about the restriction until Pn.S yelled at us to stop eating).

Our table company.

Said tortillas. They were pretty good! *thumbs up* We got the vege-less ones though, haha.

Gradually, the Skylite began to fill up with people and Pn.S finally gave orders to begin buying and selling.
Oh, and the DJ booth started operating and guess what was the first song they played?
BEAST's Fiction!!!! *happy fan-girl mode* Chi Shein and I couldn't stop grinning like idiots and high-fived each other excitedly when we heard it.

Sheng having brain freeze after downing some snow cones from the Science & Maths Club.

After stuffing ourselves with plenty of food, we decided to queue for the Haunted House. The queue was crazy long and the worst part was people kept cutting in from all sides. Those queue-cutters seriously pissed us off and about three or more of us actually snapped. That's how terrible they were.

We waited for about 15 minutes when the Navy people in charge of the Haunted House said that they were going to take a 30-minute break. At the same time, the hot air balloon was ride was on course again as the rain stopped, so we walked to the field again.

Each ride had to have 3 passengers, so I was with Ivy and Vanessa. We were the second batch and we were so so so excited. We laughed insanely at every single thing, kinda like jakuns, but this was our first time riding a hot air balloon, so you can't blame us :) The person who was handling the hot air balloon probably thought we were mad, but he was pretty nice anyway and even helped us to take a photo while we were in the air.


Aerial view of the school field and adjacent structures.

In the basket~

 This photo is nice :D

See the burner? Every time the handler ignited the fire to erm... heat up the air (?), we could all feel the heat on our faces. It was that hot.

Once we landed, we went back to the Haunted House to queue again. I bought a pair of sunnies for RM 3 at the St. John's stall and we snapped some photos.

Top: Shalini, bottom: Sheng.

BEST photo of the day.

Silly faces.

This was how crazy the queue was.

After queuing up for about 2-3 hours (yes, I'm not kidding), we FINALLY got into the Haunted House. It was quite scary, the 'ghost's were pretty realistic and I freaked out because I'm not really into horror and stuff like that. There were ghosts grabbing me at every turn and one even tried to grab my ankles. I screamed for a bit, but after a while I started screaming for fun (like how you would scream on a rollercoaster) wth.

Ah, and if you're reading this, Siew Yuan, I'm so sorry I pushed you towards the ghosts to be eaten, hahahaha.

After the harrowing experience, I hung out in the PA room (a.k.a. the DJ booth) with Priya and Gan for a bit. 

Haziq preparing for his magic show.

With Gan.

Magic show in progress.

The carnival basically finished at 3.30pm and the stalls closed to count their earnings. The Science & Maths Club made about RM500 profit, whee!

Some random photos before we went back:

Ivy looking cute with Jalur Gemilangs which mysteriously appeared out of nowhere.

Joined by Siew Yuan.

With Chloe! She's adorably hyper :D

And so the carnival ended with an impromptu dance battle thingamajig. It resembled an underground dance showdown and it was so crowded that I didn't even bother to look.

Alright, abrupt end of post wth.

No comments:

Post a Comment