Remember my recap of 2010 last year? Now I'm gonna make a similar recap for 2011. Gosh, time does pass fast.
If I have to put it in simple words, 2011 was pretty good to me. It wasn't as much of a roller coaster as 2010 was, instead I'd describe it as smooth-sailing (minus all the stress for SPM, duh). I didn't really attend many events because I was being my nerdy, recluse-like self, so this recap is definitely not gonna be as interesting as 2010's, sorry! :(
- Elected as vice secretary of Badminton Club, AJK Papan Kenyataan of Cooke House and promoted to secretary of the Science and Mathematics Club. Also attended my first Editorial Board meeting.
- Attended a chocolate-making workshop organised by Persatuan Pandu Puteri Malaysia mainly because of the amount of co-curricular points (we realised their importance only in our senior year), but it turned out to be fun. Now I can say I can make chocolate :)
- Joined the celibacy club (brownie points for you if you understood what I'm talking about :D).
- Celebrated Chinese New Year as usual with my family.
- Survived Intervensi 1 and got an A for Biology. Yeah, it's so rare for me to get an A in Biology that I actually feel the need to record this as a highlight T_T
- Went out with friends and watched possibly the most disturbing movie ever *coughBlackSwancough*.
- The horrific tsunami and earthquake disaster hit Japan, and a huge nuclear problem ensued. I know this is a weird event to include, but this affects me as well because I have a host family in Tokyo. Thank goodness they're safe and sound.
- Witnessed a supermoon.
- Reality finally hit me hard and I could feel the pressure when last year's SPM results were released.
- First and last time attending so many (6, to be exact. I counted.) yearbook photoshoots for all the different clubs I'm in.
Our poster. Yes, I ruined it on purpose by adding my blog URL there so that no one can steal it.
- Went for a poster design competition with Siew Yuan.
- Went for an accounts competition in Taylor's.
At the OiC Camp in Taylor's Lakeside Campus.
- Worked my
assoff for Thinkquest. Eventhough we didn't win, we walked away with experience and new directing/filming/editing skills.
- Attended the OiC Camp at Taylor's and had loads of fun.
My last Co-curricular Carnival.
- Extracted my wisdom teeth.
- Started the 30 Day Letter Challenge... and more than half a year later, I am still not done. Procrastination ftw.
- Went for Spell-It-Right for the 2nd year in a row.
- Had fun at the school's annual (and my last) Co-curricular Carnival.
We're cool like that.
- I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID DURING AUGUST *scratches head*
- Erm, my birthday is in August.
- Showed the SBU spirit in Martin by wearing red.
No photos whatsoever T_T
- Survived SPM trials.
- I think I went for college interviews during this month. Taylor's, Sunway and HELP. I turned down all their offers though *guilty*
- Locked myself in my room for the whole month because of the exams, so basically my social life died a slow and painful death.
Editorial Board farewell, graduation & Martin seminar.
- It was the last month before SPM, so I went on a hiatus from blogging.
- Attended the Editorial Board farewell.
- Graduated from secondary school (but still had to attend school, jeez).
- Stepped foot in Martin for the very last time.
Again, no photos.
- Time became very, very important. Studying became my top priority and revision books were my best friends, wth.
- SPM commenced on the 14th. Everything else is insignificant.
At Lynette's surprise farewell party.
- After 11 months (not counting last year) of solid hard work, I finally savoured the sweet taste of freedom and enjoyed the option to slack.
- Went out multiple times.
- Started out on my journey towards complete independence. I'm talking about driving lessons.
- Attended Lynette's surprise farewell party (which I have yet to write a post about).
- Went for a Christmas musical.