Follow me on Insta! :D

Search Me.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Yet Another Year Gone By.

Holy mama, 2013 sure passed by really quickly!
This is the year I'm entering my 20s T__T I don't want to age and be expected to act all mature (because I'm totally immature, trust me), can I just stay in my teens forever?

As usual, I'll apologize for my lack of posts which is purely due to laziness on my part because I had a long stretch of holidays from June to September and I only posted 3 measly times. And if it weren't because I wanted to keep the tradition of having a yearly recap post on this blog, I would have totally continued my lazy blogger streak. 

This post may not be too polished (pfft, as if my other posts ever were), as I'm currently preparing for my Progress 2 exams :( 

Enjoy!

(DISCLAIMER: If you don't like that your photo is up on this blog and you feel that your privacy is being invaded, please message me via FB or by any other means, I'll take down the offending photo ASAP :))

January;
  • Edexcel A-Levels exam month, I just ate, slept, pooped and studied (not necessarily in that order). Repeat cycle 100000 times. I also had no life during this period of time so no pictures :C

February;

  • CNY fell on the 10th of February this year! Angpao na lai~~
  • Went to Johor for a one-day road trip with the parents.

March;

Photo Credits: Jer Weann
  • Performed for Leo Club's International Relations Night. The theme was LIVE | EVIL. My first time ever wearing such heavy make-up which includes ridiculously long fake eyelashes and elaborate eyeliner. 

April;
  • This was the last month of club activities before  my final Edexcel exams began in May.
  • Attended Dance Showcase to support Dhanya (and Dance Club).
  • Suit Up Day! It's sort of like to prepare us for our next phase in life and to see all our buddies nicely dressed up in formal wear. 
  • Last Dance Club meeting ;_;

May;

  • Last day of classes in MCKL *weeps*
  • My final round of Edexcel A-Levels examinations began with all the Unit 6B written practical papers.
  • Went for my first university interview at PU-RCSI.

June;
  • Sat for my last A-level paper in my lifetime: Physics Unit 5 on the 20th.
  • MERDEKAAAAAAA.
Photo Credits: Sam
  • Went for the SAC camp organized by JPA in Kem Bina Negara Ulu Sepri. Not too bad of an experience, it was quite fun and would have been even better if I didn't have to deal with an insect-infested shower stall everyday. Sorry, I sound like a really pampered city girl but it is really geli to see so many insects flying around you while you are naked.

July;
  • Had my interview for NUMed over Skype! I was so worried that my Internet would fail me and I would get disconnected halfway. But hallelujah, my Internet held up nicely!
Photo Credits: Sheng
  • Farewell for Sheng; t'was a memorable one because we picnicked in KLCC due to the rain outside. Everyone was staring at us. I'm pretty sure it was because they wanted our delicious food.
  • Started Mandarin classes at YMCA. 

August;
Photo Credits: Ivy
  • Surprised Ivy for her birthday!
  • Celebrated my birthday with a trip to Aquaria KLCC.
  • RESULTS DAY. Thank you God, for blessing me with good results :') They're not the best but they exceeded my expectations.
  • Spent like a week on getting all my documents ready for submission to JPA for my scholarship. I visited Putrajaya more times in that week than in my entire life. Every trip to Putrajaya is interesting because I like to look at the various lamp post designs, haha.
Photo Credits: Mudframes Photography
  • Graduated from MCKL!
  • Got involved in my first ever car accident ;_; for the record, it wasn't my fault and I wasn't hurt, thank God.

September;
  • Had my last Mandarin class for Level 1. 
  • Attended Vanessa's surprise farewell.
  • Packed up a sizeable part of my life in KL and sat in the car for a 5-hour drive down South.
  • Officially started life as a medical student on the 23rd of September and had an awesome orientation weekend.

October;
  • Attended Surgical Society's Movie Night! The movie was entitled Gifted Hands; The Ben Carson Story. It was so good, I definitely recommend it for aspiring doctors to watch.
  • Started my Family Study project. So far, so good. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.
  • First visit to Hospital Sultan Ismail! Loved every moment of it.
  • Resumed dancing hip-hop! It sure feels good to be dancing again :')

November;
  • Had my first university exam, Progress 1. Thank God for good results.
  •  Attended White Night at Church of Praise in Bukit Indah. It was a good night of fellowship and fun.
  • Went for my first run thingamajig, which is the Milo Flame of Energy Run. It just proved to me how seriously unfit I am. I walked like two-thirds of the way :|
  •  Attended Diwali Night! Had fun eating authentic Indian food, watching dance performances and getting henna art on my hand for the first time.

December;
  • Attended a jamming session held by Music Club. My university has so many musically talented people :)
  • Went for Winter Solstice celebration and made my own tang yuen for the very first time (FYI, my family doesn't celebrate Winter Solstice).
  • First visit to the Klinik Kesihatan. I love these kind of visits, they always make me feel so motivated to achieve my dream of becoming a doctor.
  • Had our Family & Health presentation! Some of the presentations were really creative and entertaining to watch.
  • Came home for Winter Break (which isn't really a Winter Break because I have to study for Progress 2...)
  • 'Tis the season to be jolly, falalalalalalalala~ Had a quiet Christmas this year due to me preparing for exams :(
  • Met up with my crazy friends after 3 months of being apart.

So, that's all for this year's recap!
2013 was a reasonably good year I think, if not a little packed with exams and student life. I definitely didn't have as many social outings/meetups as last year but I think it's alright :)

Happy New Year! 
May 2014 be better than 2013 for all of you and God Bless You!
(aaaand New Year Resolutions will be up in a separate post, you know the drill!)

No comments:

Post a Comment